CERN Studentship 2015 in Switzerland842
Are you seeking studentship in Switzerland? Applications are invited for CERN Studentships in Summer 2015 available to students who are nationals of countries that are not Member States of CERN. This Studentship is available for undergraduate and graduate students to join the day-to-day work of research teams participating in experiments at CERN in Geneva, Switzerland. In addition to the work in the experimental and engineering teams, the selected students are required to attend a series of lectures. The application deadline is 28 January 2015.
Area of Study:
- Applicants are not a national of a CERN Member State.
- Applicants are a university-level undergraduate (at least third year students) or at the start of post-graduate studies.
- Applicants will remain registered as a student during they stay at CERN. If applicants expect to graduate in the European summer 2015, they are also eligible to apply.
- Applicants have not worked at CERN before (e.g. as a User or Technical Student).
- Applicants have a good knowledge of English; knowledge of French would be an advantage.
Scholarship Open for International Students:
Yes. Excluding CERN Member state.
As an Intergovernmental Organization (IGO), CERN is funded primarily through contributions from its twenty-one Member States, Associate Member States, and one Candidate for Accession to Membership. Accordingly, as is standard for IGOs, CERN recruits its Staff Members, most of its Fellows and the participants in its Student Programmes from nationals of these countries.
The list of CERN Member State are follows-
- Czech Republic
- Slovak Republic
- United Kingdom
Number of Scholarships:
What does it cover?:
This studentship will cover following issues-
- Applicants will receive a subsistence allowance to cover the cost of accommodation and meals in the Geneva area for a single person.
- The CERN Housing Service will assist you in finding accommodation on, or near the site of the laboratory.
- A limited number of travel scholarships will be available (on a lump sum basis).
Last date of application:
28 January 2015
How to Apply: The mode of application is online. References: Please note that you should upload two reference letters from your professors, as well as the Grades’ Transcripts in order to be considered for selection. It is also recommended that you upload a recent CV in English or French.
For more information click https://jobs.web.cern.ch/job/11258